Once you're selected, what's next?
Now that a contingent job offer has been made, all you need to do is accept it and complete the following tasks prior to your start date:
- Pass a physical and a drug test (if randomly selected). This appointment is scheduled for you and will take place at a VA facility at no cost to you.
- Enroll in VetPro, the VA's web-based credentialing system, and enter the required information. This step must be completed prior to receiving an official start date.
- Have your fingerprints taken (for a background check) prior to your start date. This will take place at the VA facility where you've been hired, or you'll be given instructions if an alternative fingerprint location is required.
- Order your official college transcript(s), to be mailed directly to the facility
- Complete several new hire documents and submit them to the Human Resources Management Office
As soon as you are selected for the position, you will be enrolled in VetPro, VA's credentialing system for all licensed health care personnel. Once enrolled, you have a limited time to log into the web-based system and input the required information. Some of the requested information is the same as on your original application, so having a photocopy of your application to use as a guide is important.
- Make sure the information you enter into VetPro is the same as on your application (e.g., dates of employment, employer addresses, etc.)
- Be sure to provide the same references in VetPro that you supplied on your application
Download this VetPro guide for more helpful hints to follow while completing the online credentialing process.