Veterans heard the call of service from every corner of our Nation. As they return home, it is our duty to care for them in every town and state.
Providers at our rural locations get the same benefits shared throughout Veterans Health Administration (VHA), including:
- Advanced facilities
- Flexible time off
- Robust liability coverage
- Generous health, life and retirement packages
Plus, rural providers get additional benefits that are not as common in urban locations, such as:
- Lower housing costs
- Less traffic and pollution
- A slower pace of life and less stress
- A greater feeling of safety and security in the community
More than 40 percent of our patients live in rural areas, and nearly half of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans are from these communities. Expand your horizons and your career by starting your career at VA, today.
VA's Office of Rural Health (ORH) spearheads these initiatives, including:
- Increasing awareness of the health care needs of rural Veterans
- Ensuring quality care through increased access to health care deadlines
- Reducing the ratio of Veterans to health care providers by encouraging physicians and nurses to move to the country