Mon-Fri: 8am-8pm ET
Did you know that VA only confers Pharm.D. degrees? That means you and your peers have a higher level of training than any previous generation of pharmacists to date, and a pharmacy career within the VA health care system will allow you to make the most of that training and develop your practice better than anywhere else. Here's why:
VA pharmacists round with the entire patient care team, and can help guide the best course of drug therapies for their patients.
Our clinical pharmacists can obtain prescriptive authority within their defined scopes of practice, giving them the latitude to prescribe and adjust medications for the best outcomes for their patients.
The size of the VA system gives pharmacists a wider range of specialization opportunities, practice settings, and leadership positions. Our pharmacists are at the bedside and in the outpatient pharmacy, but they also manage drug therapy in patient clinics, conduct research, coordinate VA's mail order program, and much more.
A pharmacy student clerkship at VA will offer you the opportunity to learn in an exciting, forward-thinking environment. We go above and beyond to engage our pharmacy clerkship students, and offer them the ability to:
- Work with the latest technology for drug dispensing and delivery (e.g., robotics, bar code medication administration, etc.)
- Learn a complete outpatient and inpatient Computerized Patient Record System that enables health care professionals to provide excellent patient care
- Work in specialty areas of your choosing (e.g., Geriatrics, Oncology, Cardiology, Infectious Diseases, Pharmacy Administration, etc.)
Because of the integrated nature of patient care at VA, our pharmacists and pharmacy students have an abundance of opportunities to work a number of other health care professionals on a daily basis.
Inquire about a pharmacy student clerkship at your local VA facility.
VA pharmacists have access to a robust offering of work/life benefits designed to help you achieve your personal and professional best. Our pharmacy benefits include:
- Nationwide job transfer opportunities
- Competitive salaries
- Student debt reduction and scholarship programs (subject to funding availability)
- 13-26 days paid annual vacation
- Stable retirement system
- Choice of health care plans
Learn more about our pharmacy education programs or careers by clicking the following links.