Reliable Coverage—Every Step Of The Way
A career with VA comes loaded with comprehensive benefits, competitive pay and other generous perks to help build a fuller, more balanced life for you and your family.
All Bases Covered
At VA, we provide a strong support system that’s focused on you and your unique needs, so you can focus on doing your best work for our Veterans. You won’t find coverage like this in the private sector. Read more about our various employment benefits:
The Compensation You Deserve
VA is proud to offer our employees strong starting salaries based on education, training and experience. And you’ll experience steady growth, with periodic pay raises that address inflation and local market changes, as well as other rewards for all your hard work and dedication.
Here are a few of the ways we keep salaries competitive:
- VA Nurse Locality Pay System (LPS) – ensuring our nurses are paid competitive rates within each local labor market
- Market and Performance Pay for Physicians and Dentists
- VA Special Rates – providing regular performance-based increases and potential accelerated increases for outstanding performance
- Recruitment Incentives – including Recruitment Bonus, Relocation Bonus and Retention Allowance, each up to 25% of the rate of basic pay
- Premium Pay – including overtime, Saturday, Sunday, holiday, on-call and night work
- Incentive Awards – including Superior Performance Awards, Special Contribution Awards, Quality Step Increases, VA Honor Awards, Non-Monetary Recognition and Title 38 Awards