Senior Leadership at VA
Caring for Veterans and their families is the motivating force behind the largest health care system in the U.S. We are a nationwide workforce of more than 364,000 committed professionals, coming together to deliver world-class health care that’s tailored to the unique needs of Veterans.
Strong, effective leadership is crucial in guaranteeing we stay the course and follow through for the millions of men and women who count on us every day.
New legislation excludes certain appointed positions within VA from current executive schedule salary caps. Learn more here.
Spotlight on Senior Leadership Careers
- Network Director or Medical Center Director
- VA encourages qualified candidates for medical center or network director positions to apply immediately—contact the VHA Virtual Recruitment Center at 1-844-456-5208 or submit your resume for consideration to VACareers@va.gov.
- New legislation excludes certain appointed positions within VA, including appointed Medical Center Directors, from current executive schedule salary caps. Learn more here.
- Senior Executive (SES) Positions
- Interested in health system administration careers? Explore open senior level positions here: View All Opportunities
- Senior Executive Equivalent Positions
- Interested in health system administration careers? Explore open senior level equivalent positions here: View All Opportunities
Reasons to Work at VA
Sure, there are lots of places you could build a health care career. But VA can offer you greater challenge, opportunity, teamwork and satisfaction unlike any other. Here are just a few of the many ways a career at VA stands out from the crowd: