Mental Health Jobs Details
VAMC Tomah (http://www.tomah.va.gov/) has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve your health care needs in any way we can. Services are available to veterans living in a Western/Central area of Wisconsin.
In addition to our main facility in Tomah, we offer services in four community-based outpatient clinics. These clinics are located in La Crosse, Clark County, Wausau, and Wisconsin Rapids. VAMC Tomah is one of eight facilities that comprise Veterans Integrated Services Network 12 (VISN12) which is administratively headquartered at Westchester, IL, and includes facilities in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Michigan.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: 1. CURRENT PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE AGENCY FOR WHICH THE POSITION IS BEING ADVERTISED 2. ALL OTHER CANDIDATES.
Position is open until filled, applications will be referred as they are received. Position may be filled before the closing date.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
A recruitment/relocation incentive is not authorized for this position.
The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program, depending on the type of employment, schedule, amount/type of qualifying debt, and funding availability. The employee will begin to receive the benefit upon acceptance into the program - not backdated to the date employment begins. Please contact Callen.Peterson@va.gov for more information.
The Tomah VA Medical Center is hiring for a Nurse Practitioner (NP) to work in the Primary Care Mental Health Integration section and Outpatient Clinic. Primary duties of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
· The NP is a psychiatric prescriber for veterans, including medication management and clinical (psychiatric) management of veterans.
· The NP will be supported by staff psychiatrists, including psychiatrists available remotely via telemental health.
· The NP may be asked to respond to consults initiated from medicine inpatient units and other CLCs in this facility.
· There will be telephone contact with psychiatrist/psychiatrist on inpatient psych unit regarding all admissions and discharges.
· There will be telephone contact with psychiatrist/psychiatrist on inpatient psych unit regarding all acute psychiatric inpatients being assessed for seclusion/restraint. The MOD or Psychiatrist will complete all orders for seclusion/restraint.
· There will be telephone contact with supervising psychiatrist/psychiatrist regarding all complex and/or high risk acute psychiatric patients.
· The NP will provide intake, assessment, and treatment services for the Mental Health Outpatient Clinic.
Work Schedule: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; Monday - Friday
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Application Close Date
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Who May Apply
United States Citizens