Mental Health Jobs Details
This is an open continuous announcement meant to fill social worker vacancies within the Mental Health Service Line, VA Puget Sound Health Care System. The announcement will remain open until all vacancies are filled. Apply early for first consideration. Please provide a cover letter with your desired location.
Mental Health Service located at the Puget Sound VA Medical Center has an immediate vacancies for Social Worker's in the Domiciallary, Addictions Treatment Center, Primary Care Mental Health Integration Clinic, Mental Health Clinic and PTSD Clinic. There are several positions with availabilities located between American Lake and Seattle. Please include area of preference in cover letter.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides psychosocial assessment and psychosocial treatment for individuals with a wide range of mental health and psychosocial concerns including but not limited to mood disorders, anxiety disorders, PTSD, substance use disorders, personality disorders, and psychotic spectrum disorders.
- Provides evidence-based psychotherapeutic interventions as indicated and appropriate for the specific job setting and duties of the social worker, which may include individual, family, and group psychotherapy and psychoeducation.
- Provides high quality case management and discharge planning services to veterans and families as needed throughout the continuum of care as indicated and appropriate for the specific job setting and duties of the social worker.
- Provides education to patients and family members regarding mental disorders, best practices approaches to treatment, as well as information about VA and community resources to include making appropriate referrals and coordinating services when appropriate.
- Provides consultation to health care providers about psychosocial needs of patients and the impact of psychosocial problems on health care and compliance with treatment.
- Develops, implements, and documents the mental health treatment plan for an assigned case load of patients, as indicated and appropriate for the specific job setting and duties of the social worker.
- Complies with all Service Line documentation requirements, including standards for timely completion of CPRS patient contact notes, use of required documentation templates, clinical reminders, treatment plans, and risk assessment protocols.
- Adheres to all Facility and Service Line policies and practices for delivering clinical care, including but not limited to risk assessment and reduction practices for potentially dangerous behavior (suicide and violence), timeliness of care and access standards, professional conduct requirements, and CPRS documentation conventions.
- Achieves minimal clinical workload expectations as established by the Service Line.
Work Schedule: Work schedules may vary due to the vacancy, but typical tour of duties are Mon-Fri 0730-1600
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Application Close Date
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Who May Apply
United States Citizens