Nursing Jobs Details
A recruitment/relocation incentive may be authorized to highly qualified individuals.
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
VAMC Tomah ( http://www.tomah.va.gov/ ) has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve your health care needs in any way we can. Services are available to veterans living in a Western/Central area of Wisconsin.
In addition to our main facility in Tomah, we offer services in four community-based outpatient clinics. These clinics are located in LaCrosse, Clark County, Wausau, and Wisconsin Rapids. VAMC Tomah is one of seven facilities that comprise Veterans Integrated Services Network 12 (VISN12) which is administratively headquartered at Hines, IL, and includes facilities in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Michigan.
NOTE: The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidate's education and experience and recommend the step at which the candidate will be placed in that specific grade. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program, depending on the type of employment, schedule, amount/type of qualifying debt, and funding availability. The employee will begin to receive the benefit upon acceptance into the program - not backdated to the date employment begins. Please contact Callen.Peterson@va.gov for more information.
FIRST AREA OF CONSIDERATION: VA EMPLOYEES; SECOND AREA OF CONSIDERATION: US CITIZENS
This position is for inpatient psychiatric care, primarily acute. Primary duties include, but not limited to: psychiatric prescriber for veterans, including medication management and clinical (psychiatric) management of veterans. Other assignments may include psych rounds on Community Living Centers (CLCs), consults on inpatient medicine unit and /or CLCs, and back-up support for Mental Health Nurse Practitioners in Mental Health/Primary Care Integration (MH/PCI) work units including community outpatient clinics. Any limitations or restrictions will be identified in the incumbent's Scope of Practice.
· The incumbent will be supported by staff psychiatrists, including psychiatrists available remotely via telemental health.
· The incumbent may be asked to respond to consults initiated from medicine inpatient units and other CLCs in this facility.
· There will be telephone contact with supervising psychiatrist/psychiatrist on inpatient psych unit regarding all admissions and discharges.
· The Medical Officer of the Day (MOD) or Psychiatrist will enter orders for all admissions or discharges.
· There will be telephone contact with supervising psychiatrist/psychiatrist on inpatient psych unit regarding all acute psychiatric inpatients being assessed for seclusion/restraint. The MOD or Psychiatrist will complete all orders for seclusion/restraint.
· There will be telephone contact with supervising psychiatrist/psychiatrist regarding all complex and/or high risk acute psychiatric patients.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Application Close Date
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Who May Apply
United States Citizens