Nursing Jobs Details
VAMC Tomah (http://www.tomah.va.gov/) has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve your health care needs in any way we can. Services are available to veterans living in a Western/Central area of Wisconsin.
In addition to our main facility in Tomah, we offer services in four community-based outpatient clinics. These clinics are located in La Crosse, Clark County, Wausau, and Wisconsin Rapids. VAMC Tomah is one of eight facilities that comprise Veterans Integrated Services Network 12 (VISN12) which is administratively headquartered at Westchester, IL, and includes facilities in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Michigan.
A recruitment/relocation incentive me be authorized to highly qualified candidates.
The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program, depending on the type of employment, schedule, amount/type of qualifying debt, and funding availability. The employee will begin to receive the benefit upon acceptance into the program - not backdated to the date employment begins. Please contact Callen.Peterson@va.gov for more information.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: 1. CURRENT PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE AGENCY FOR WHICH THE POSITION IS BEING ADVERTISED 2. ALL OTHER CANDIDATES.
Position is open until filled, applications will be referred as they are received. Position may be filled before the closing date. This position may be filled as a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant.
The primary care NP assists with the total care of the patient's medical needs by performing history and physical exams, ordering appropriate lab tests, and evaluating those tests, to ensure quality care of the patient. This will also include providing preventive medicine services, managing chronic disease problems and providing outpatient follow-up as needed.
· As a Float NP, you will be a full-time, permanent employee, and will work in the area of greatest need, oftentimes filling in for other providers or covering vacant positions.
· Assists in the preparation of the patient to include, but not be limited to, teaching, accumulating data and medical problems, and as needed, presenting patient-centered discussion of the medical problems with his/her supervising physician.
· Responsible for maintaining medical record entries which reflect the patient's healthcare.
· Act as the focal point of the designated outpatient clinic by being the contact person for all other consultant-specialty services regarding patient care. The primary care NP will ensure that the care is coordinated and communicated to the outpatient.
· Will provide services as directed to meet the needs of the patient population being served by the medical center. These duties may include backup coverage to areas under the supervision of the Clinical Lead, Ambulatory Care. The NP must be flexible in the work assignments based upon the immediate needs of the service line.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Application Close Date
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Who May Apply
United States Citizens