Pharmacy Leadership Opportunities
As one of the largest health care systems in the Nation, VA offers more types of leadership opportunities for pharmacists across the spectrum of practice settings than any other organization. In fact, pharmacy leaders are needed for inpatient, outpatient, and clinical pharmacy programs in every state of the Nation and Puerto Rico.
VA offers its leaders ongoing internal training opportunities, such as Leadership VA (LVA), the Executive Career Field Development Programs, and High Performance Development Model training. VA also funds external education opportunities (subject to funding availability) through the Employee Incentive Scholarship Program (EISP).Opportunities for personal growth and professional development exist throughout the VA health care system and continually change to meet the demands of the profession.
Currently, opportunities exist at every level of practice, from local facility leadership to regional and national leadership positions:
- Local Clinical Coordinators
- Local Residency Program Directors
- Local Inpatient and Outpatient Supervisors
- Local Chiefs and Assistant Chiefs of Pharmacy Services
- Local Directors of Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP) programs
- Regional Pharmacy Leaders at the Veterans Integrated Services Network (VISN) level
- Regional and National Pharmacy Benefits Managers
- National Pharmacy Benefits Management Consultants