VA Physician Job Detail
The VAMC in Memphis, TN consists of one main campus located at 1030 Jefferson Avenue, which includes a 60-bed Spinal Cord Injury Unit, and nine community based outpatient clinics (CBOC). It is a tertiary care facility classified as a Clinical Referral Level I Facility and one of the most complex medical centers in the VA system. It is a teaching hospital, providing a full range of patient care services, with state-of-the-art technology, as well as extensive education and research programs. Comprehensive primary, secondary, and tertiary health care is provided in areas of medicine, general cardiovascular and neurological surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, spinal cord injury, neurology, oncology, dentistry, and geriatrics. Specialized outpatient services are provided through general, specialty, and subspecialty outpatient clinics including a women's health center. Services are available to more than 206,000 Veterans living in a 53-county tri-state area (Tennessee, Arkansas, and Mississippi).
The VAMC in Memphis is part of the VA MidSouth Healthcare Network, VISN 9, which includes facilities in Lexington and Louisville, KY; Huntington, WV; and Nashville and Mountain Home, TN.
The Associate Chief of Staff for Ambulatory Care (ACOS/AC) is a leadership position that is responsible for all aspects of ambulatory care delivery and supervision of staff. In conjunction with the Chief of Staff, the ACOS is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, implementing, controlling and refining a comprehensive patient management/clinical support program. Below are lists of duties not limited to additional duties:
- The incumbent provides services with technical counsel as necessary, promoting the development of professional staff within the service.
- Participates in top level policy design for Ambulatory Care through collaboration with Medical Center administration
- Forward-thinking physician who embraces Primary Care delivery via a Care Team (PACT/PCMH)
- The incumbent directs medical care programs, delegates authority and is responsible to meet both medical center and service goals.
- The Associate Chief of Staff primarily focuses on clinical operations.
- Ensures the development, implementation, and maintenance of Ambulatory Care requirements in accordance with VHA and Medical Center policy..
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00am - 4:30pm)
Financial Discloser Report: Not Required
Application Close Date
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Who May Apply
United States Citizens