VA Physician Job Detail
For over 60 years, Lebanon VA Medical Center has passionately served with trust, excellence and commitment. We have a vibrant affiliation with the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine based at the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, PA and maintain 106 other academic affiliations in a wide variety of disciplines. The largest employer in Lebanon County offering a wide range of benefits including: Retirement, Thrift Savings Plan, Federal Employees Groups Health Insurance, Federal Employees Group Life Insurance, Supplemental Dental and/or Vision, and more. Additional information can be found on our internet site http://www.lebanon.va.gov/.
1st Area of Consideration: Current permanent employees of VAMC Lebanon, NECPAC, and employees of VISN4 Contracting, OI&T, CBOPC and Veterans Canteen Service located in Lebanon, PA
Announcement is open continuous and will remain open until the position is filled. Applications will be referred on a bi-weekly basis.
The Physician Assistant (Endocrinology) works in collaboration with and with available guidance and supervision of an Attending Physician(s) in the field of Endocrinology. The primary practice site for Endocrinology is in the Specialty Clinics in Building 17 located on the campus of the Lebanon VA Medical center in Lebanon, Pennsylvania. In addition telemedicine consults are available with each of the five Community Based Outpatient Clinics. Additional duties may also include follow up via electronic media. Incumbent will be responsible for Medical Endocrinology duties which are generally defined as but not limited to:
- Outpatient management support to include office visits and management of his/her own continuing caseload, as well as support of attendings' patients as needed.
- Review medical history and conducting a detailed physical exam.
- Interpreting laboratory and diagnostic results.
- Diagnosing medical conditions predominantly associated with the field of Endocrinology which is primarily diabetes, thyroid disease, and with opportunity to learn/practice additional endocrinology as desired.
- Insulin pump support for downloading pumps and continuous glucose monitors.
- Review and update reconciliation of medications.
- Future endeavors could also include additional education of primary care providers and further expansion of telemedicine to other sites.
- In collaboration with a supervising physician, the PA is also authorized to write orders on outpatients acquiring their care at the Lebanon VA medical center.
Functional Statement Title/#: Physician Assistant
Financial Discloser Report: Not Required
Application Close Date
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Who May Apply
United States Citizens