VA Physician Job Detail
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing
compassionate care to Veterans?
How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans? The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion and commitment to serve those who served our country. Whatever the job title, every position in the VA will give you the chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people- our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for the VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.
The VAMC in Memphis, TN consists of one main campus located at 1030 Jefferson Avenue, which includes a 60-bed Spinal Cord Injury Unit, and nine community based outpatient clinics CBOC). It is a tertiary care facility classified as a Clinical Referral Level I Facility and one of the most complex medical centers in the VA system. It is a teaching hospital, providing a full range of patient care services, with state-of-the-art
technology, as well as extensive education and research programs. Comprehensive primary, secondary, and tertiary health care is provided in
areas of medicine, general cardiovascular and neurological surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, spinal cord injury, neurology, oncology, dentistry, and geriatrics. Specialized outpatient services are provided through general, specialty, and subspecialty
outpatient clinics including a women's health center. Services are available to more than 206,000 Veterans living in a 53-county tri-state area
(Tennessee, Arkansas, and Mississippi).
The VAMC in Memphis is part of the VA MidSouth Healthcare Network, VISN 9, which includes facilities in Lexington and Louisville, KY;
Huntington, WV; and Nashville and Mountain Home, TN.
- The incumbent serves as a psychiatrist and is assigned to the Mental Health Service at VAMC Memphis.
- Incumbent provides comprehensive experience in clinical services to Veterans and their families.
- The incumbent will perform general psychiatric assessment and treatment in a mutli-disciplinary setting composed of psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatric social workers, physician extenders and a variety of rehabilitation/recovery therapists.
- The incumbent will work closely with his/her colleagues to provide comprehensive, state -of-the-art mental health care.
- The incumbent shall work under the direction of the Section Chief of Psychiatry.
- Incumbent provides clinical services in the Emergency Department, Inpatient Psychiatry Unit, Mental Health, Outpatient Clinic, and/or other areas as based upon need and reports administratively to the Section Chief of Psychiatry.
Location of Position: Mental Health Service
Application Close Date
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Who May Apply
United States Citizens