VA Physician Job Detail
Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/.
If you are looking for an exciting career challenge in a beautiful Colorado town the Grand Junction VHCS and surrounding areas have a lot to offer. The growing city has 60,000 residents making it the largest city in western Colorado and sits at 4,593 feet above sea level. Grand Junction is located on the Western Slope of Colorado where the weather is known to be mild throughout the year due to the lower altitude. Other well-known activities in the area are camping, hunting, hiking, mountain and road biking, rock climbing, golfing, rafting, fishing, skiing, and the vast amount of orchards and wineries. Grand Junction is known for the fresh peaches and other produce available, which in turn produce weekly farmer's market. Colorado Mesa University, a campus of the University of Colorado is located in Grand Junction as well. The Grand Valley is a destination for several athletic events including marathons, triathlons and mountain bike races. The annual Winefest highlights the nearly 30 wineries that make their home in Palisade, Colorado, also part of the Grand Valley. Grand Junction Veteran Health Care System (GJVHCS) is the home of Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic and is a full service acute care facility with both inpatient and outpatient services. The facility maintains 24/7 acute care service including ICU and an emergency department.
RECRUITMENT/RELOCATION INCENTIVE MAY BE AUTHORIZED FOR HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES.
Newly appointed employee(s) or employee(s) converted to permanent status, selected under this announcement, may be eligible to apply for an award up to the maximum limitation under the provisions of the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). Funding, on the final award amount, is contingent on the availability of EDRP funds. Employee(s) must apply for EDRP within four (4) months of appointment or conversion. If eligible to apply, please call Human Resources Management Service at (970) 263-5068, or stop by Building 5 Room 207, Grand Junction VHCS, CO, for an application.
Grand Junction VA Healthcare System is seeking a board certified, or board eligible Emergency Medicine experienced physician for an Emergency Room - Medical Officer of the Day (ER/MOD) position. Two years of emergency medicine experience is preferred. New Residency Graduates also considered.
The ER/MOD provider at Grand Junction VHCS provides coverage for our (5) bed emergency room, cross coverage for our nursing home and inpatient ward during off duty tours (16:30 - 07:30). Our facility, although small, we accept EMS/ambulances and see a variety of acute medical conditions.
- See all ER patients, write an ER note and then, do an ER CLINICIAN IDC note and ER DISCHARGE NOTE.
- You will be cross covering for the medical floors during off tour duty (evenings 1630-0730) including the CLC, which is the nursing home attached to the hospital.
- You may be asked to accept patients in transfers from other ERs.
- You are responsible for admitting patients to the hospital and doing the HISTORY & PHYSICAL note for the patients you admit including to Psych during off duty tours (evenings/weekends when hospitalists are not available)
- Add any additional medications/home medications onto the delayed psych orders already started by mental health provider.
- Respond to all CODE BLUEs and RAPID RESPONSES. You are required to put in a CODE BLUE NOTE for all CODE BLUES and you should be co-signed on all RAPID RESPONSE notes.
- You may also be asked to enter an EXPIRED PATIENT note on a veteran that you pronounce deceased.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Application Close Date
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Who May Apply
United States Citizens