VA Physician Job Detail
This announcement will remain open until vacancy is filled. Applicants will be referred as they submit completed application packages.
This job vacancy announcement will be used to fill one (1) full-time Staff Physician (Psychiatrist) VM-0602-15 vacancy at the Tallahassee Health Care Center (THCC), Tallahassee, FL.
The physician psychiatrist will provide mental health services at the Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Center (HCC) in Tallahassee, FL. Physicians report directly to the HCC Chief Medical Officer (CMO). The selectee shall have knowledge of and abide by the Medical Center Staff Bylaws, HHA Rules and Regulations and have a familiarization with existing VA specific clinical guidelines. Board certification by the appropriate American Board for his/her specialty is preferred. The primary responsibility is to provide psychiatric care services for outpatient with integration to patient's primary care. Duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Performs psychiatric evaluations and assessments.
- Coordinates veterans overall mental health care.
- Works closely with colleagues to provide comprehensive, outpatient mental health care.
- Uses a computerized patient record system (CPRS) for progress notes, orders, prescriptions.
- Completes medical record reviews in a complete and timely manner.
- Coordinates preventive health care needs according to guidelines established by the Department of Veterans Affairs and sound psychiatric practice.
- In addition to patient care, a psychiatrist may be asked to represent Psychiatry in other areas, such as education ans research or be called upon to exercise leadership role in occasional efforts to improve patient care.
- Maintains active knowledge of the patient care processes of the Department of Veteran Affairs, the medical center and its clinics.
Application Close Date
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Who May Apply
United States Citizens