VA Physician Job Detail
You may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
This is an open continuous announcement. The first applicants will be reviewed two weeks from the opening date of this announcement. Future applicants will be reviewed as received.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Join the VA professionals in Oklahoma City -- a dynamic place to live that exhibits pioneer spirit, combined with old-fashioned hospitality. Come experience big-city amenities with small-city charm. Visitors and residents are delighted with the abundant historical, cultural, recreational, shopping, restaurant and entertainment venues offered in this enticing city. Sports fans revel in the exploits of the Thunder NBA basketball team, the Oklahoma City Dodgers AAA Baseball team, and many national sporting events. In addition to the excellent grade schools in the area, there are numerous technical schools, junior colleges, colleges and universities from which to choose. Because of the low unemployment rate and modest cost of living, Oklahoma City area residents enjoy a very agreeable quality of life.
The Oklahoma City VA Health Care System (OKC VA HCS) is recruiting for a full time Physician Assistant for the Inpatient Critical Care Section of Surgery Service. The OKC VA HCS is an active teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in Oklahoma City. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Renders patient care related to the Critical Care setting.
- Write medical orders on patients assigned.
- Authorized to prescribe medications, refill previously prescribed routine medications, and supplies in the inpatient setting.
- Obtain initial or interim medical histories and perform physical examinations.
- Respond to Consultations from other services
- Enter summaries, progress notes, or daily entries in patient medical records.
- Provide and coordinate medical care for assigned patients in the inpatient and critical care setting, including establishing diagnosis, formulating and implementing orders and care plans, and transition of care.
- Order diagnostic studies and testing. He can order other special tests, including contrast studies, such as Magnetic Resonance (MRI), Computerized Tomography (CT) scans, etc. He can provide the results on all ordered studies, but only preliminary and not final results on EKG and /or radiographic or imaging studies.
- Order patient care supplies and equipment including but not limited to wound care and oxygen.
- Initiate and expedite health promotion, disease prevention, and patient / caregiver education activities.
- Order or obtain laboratory specimens. Draw blood specimens for testing and performing other comparable laboratory procedures, as needed.
- Order ancillary services such as pharmacy, social services, prosthetics, respiratory care, rehabilitation therapies, etc...
- Order and / or expedite VA Specialty Service Consults and initiation of Non VA medical care or supplies in accordance with VHA and local Facility policies and procedures.
- May screen outpatients/inpatients in any setting to determine the need for further health care or hospital/Intensive Care admission, and may admit patients after informing the collaborating physician of record of the decision to admit.
Financial Discloser Report: Not Required
Application Close Date
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Who May Apply
All groups of qualified individuals