The city of Dayton, known as the birthplace of flight, is located in the beautiful rolling hills of Southwestern Ohio and is within an hour drive of Cincinnati and Columbus. The Dayton metropolitan has five universities', affordable real estate, excellent school systems, museums, theater, seasonal recreational opportunities, and is the home of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, and the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force. The Dayton VA Medical Center is a tertiary care facility that provides acute, nursing home, mental health hospice/palliative, and domiciliary care in an affiliated teaching and research environment. For more information about the Dayton area, please visit: http://www.daytongcvb.com.
Relocation incentive is authorized.
First cut-off for applicants will be 2/16/2018. After this date, it will be every two weeks until the position is filled.
Serves as the Medical Director in Mental Health Service. The incumbent is responsible for major specialty programs at multiple divisions of the Dayton VA's Mental Health facilities, including the Mental Health Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program (MH RRTP). The incumbent reports to the Chief, Mental Health Service, and works with the Program Director, MH RRTP & Special Programs, and the Administrative Officer, Mental Health Service to perform these duties. The following are some of the duties, but are not all inclusive:
- Evaluations and treatment of Veterans who suffer from a variety of mental health conditions including, but not limited to anxiety disorders, mood disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, neuro-cognitive disorders, chemical dependence and other related conditions
- Ensures that accurate information and analytical data was provided to other VA departments, VISN, and VACO by mental health providers in the assigned programs
- Coordinates with Program Director, MH RRTP & Special Programs, Chief, Mental Health Service and Dayton VAMC services to develop and improve information systems to improve clinical services, including visits, referrals, length of stay in the MH RRTP, patient demographics, clinical utilization and patient satisfaction.
- Responsible for investigating and recommending resolution of any Veteran complaints about the service to the Chief of Mental Health Service, Dayton VAMC, VISN 10, VACO or any branch of the United States government
- Implements and evaluates clinical guidelines and protocols to achieve high quality and maximum utilization of service capacity
- Supervises medical staff who manage patient care on a day-to-day basis with an interdisciplinary group of providers performing work at various GS levels (e.g. psychologists, social workers, nurses, addiction therapists, clerical staff, peer supports, program support assistants, etc.) and provides administrative, technical and clinical supervision necessary for accomplishing the work of the unit/service including outreach efforts, CBOC involvement and efforts at other sites within the VA Health Care System
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This position is direct patient care and requires the annual Flu Shot vaccine. If unable to take this vaccine, must provide medical documentation or wear a mask at all times during scheduled tour of duty.
Application Close Date
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Who May Apply
Agency Employees Only - Appearing on USAJOBS