Welcome to Dublin, "The Emerald City," and Laurens County, where small town southern charm and a determination to keep Dublin-Laurens County "Green and Growing" have combined to create a community rich in character and full of life.
Recruitment/Recruitment Incentive/PCS travel authorized
The Chief of Staff (COS) provides administrative, programmatic, and clinical leadership for the Carl Vinson VA Medical Center (VAMC) clinical and medical staff to ensure achievement of the clinical and educational goals of the medical center. The COS is accountable for the management of the needs of the clinical services, as well as developing a plan for the delivery of health care by the clinical staff. The COS, as a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) for the Carl Vinson VAMC, participates in top-level decision and policy design that affects the needs of the medical center through collaboration with other members of the medical center administration, service chiefs, and interdepartmental supervisors. The COS directs the clinical medical programs, delegating authority and responsibility to meet the medical center goals. The incumbent reports to the Medical Center Director and serves as a key clinical resource for the Medical Center Director and other members of the administration.
- As the Chief of Staff, the incumbent's duties and qualities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the clinical and educational programs and hold full responsibility for all patient care programs including coordination of recruitment.
- Applicants must be a US citizen and possess a broad knowledge and understanding of healthcare policies, missions and operating programs.
- Extensive specialized knowledge of healthcare management necessary for the management of a diverse and complex health care organization.
- Applicants must understand the political issues affecting federal health delivery. The candidate must have an extensive record of leadership as a clinician and administrator.
- Exceptional operational and financial management skills are essential.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to meet performance measure goals and have a thorough knowledge of the standards held by the Joint Commission and other accrediting bodies.
- As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Chief of Staff must be a skilled interpersonal communicator, possess the ability to promote innovation, and inspire organizational excellence.
Work Schedule: Typically 8:00 am - 4:30 pm M-F extended hours may be required. Occasional weekend or evening/night hours (rounding, meetings, community events.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Application Close Date
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Who May Apply
United States Citizens