RECRUITMENT INCENTIVE AUTHORIZED FOR HIGHLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
This position can be stationed at any of the CBOCs or MEDVAMC. Duties include, over sight of clinic operations at the 9 CBOC's affiliated with MEDVAMC, Houston including Texas City/Galveston, Conroe, Lufkin, Beaumont, Lake Jackson, Tomball, Katy and Richmond Out-patient clinics. Clinical time is proportional to the administrative duties assigned.
Duties include, but are not limited to:a. Clinical
(1) Assures that each patient presenting for care at the clinic receives quality medical care within the limits and resources of the clinic, obtaining referral to another VA facility or VA Community Care if resources are not available.
(2) Directs and provides over sight of the clinical activities of the physicians, physician assistants, nurses, MSA's, dietitian, Mental Health staff, health technicians, and laboratory staff in the clinic.
(3) Participates in direct patient care as needed and serves as a role model for peers.
(4) Directs the provision of employee health services in CBOC's in collaboration with the MEDVAMC's Employee Health Clinic.
(5) Ensures that staffing, space, equipment, and materials, systems and support services are utilized appropriately to meet the needs of the patients served in the various outpatient clinics.
(6) Ensures that patients receive care in a safe and therapeutic environment.
(7) Ensures that the care of each patient in the outpatient clinic is the responsibility of a qualified and appropriately privileged staff clinician.
(8) Works cooperatively with community hospitals and MEDVAMC to Coordinate care and transfer of care to their facilities when needed.
(1) Is responsible for enforcement of applicable medical center and outpatient clinic policies, rules and regulations, and medical staff bylaws.
(2) Is responsible for meeting the performance improvement requirements of both the Joint Commission and the Department of Veterans Affairs, encompassing the information in the outpatient clinics, and for directing, educating, and involving all staff in these areas in the performance improvement process.
(3) Provides supervision and completes annual proficiency evaluations and OPPE of Clinic Directors of the 9 CBOC's. Incorporates clinic/provider specific performance improvement data in these appraisals.
(4) Participates in the resource allocation process for the outpatient clinics.
(5) Has overall responsibility for the safety program and action plan in the outpatient clinics.
(6) Participates in the following MEDVAMC committees: CEB, VISN 16 Primary Care Council, Peer review, and others as appropriate. Represents the CBOC's on these committees, promoting the integration of the outpatient clinics and hospital services.
(7) Administrates and enforces all leave policies for the individuals supervised. Utilizes workload statistics and other data to insure optimum availability of staff to meet patient needs.
(8) Anticipates clinic staffing vacancies and needs; interviews and selects candidates.
(9) Arranges for provider coverage to assume the clinical responsibilities of the Clinic Director during his/her absence.
(1) Is responsible for the oversight of all educational programs in the clinics and participates in the educational programs for primary care.
(2) Uses results of monitoring and evaluation activities in the clinics and clinic improvement activities, as well as in planning the educational programs for the medical staff.
(3) Encourages and supports professional growth of staff by approval of authorized absence for conferences and workshops, in accordance with the prescribed guidelines by Human Resources Management Service and Education Service.
(4) Is responsible for orientation and training updates of all supervised employees.
(5) Ensures that an atmosphere conducive to learning and exchange of ideas is maintained in the clinics in keeping with the mission of the MEDVAMC.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM; May include extended hours
Application Close Date
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Who May Apply
Current, Permanent MEDVAMC Employees (incl. BOPC/LOPC/HNC/VCS) and Current, Permanent VA Employees Nationwide