PLEASE NOTE: RELOCATION INCENTIVES ARE AVAILABLE FOR HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
The Michael E. DeBakey VA Health Care System is seeking an outstanding Physicians to join our Primary Care and Community Clinics Care teams in Conroe, Katy, and Richmond, Texas. He/she will provide comprehensive primary care and preventative care to primary care patients, under the Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) model. The type of care is served to the Veteran population with diseases consistent to those seen in the general population include, but are not limited to: acute and chronic illness, women's health, gender specific health care, mental health, mental health, and preventive care, along with coordination of care delivery. A major focus is in preventative medicine.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performing initial histories and physical examinations;
- Performing periodic physical examinations;
- Screening outpatients to determine the need for further healthcare;
- Ordering diagnostic studies such as laboratory tests, x-rays, electrocardiograms;
- Carrying out health promotion and disease prevention activities;
- Initiating and expediting requests for consultations and scheduling special tests and studies;
- Provides education and counseling of patients and families in preventative care, medical conditions, and use of prescribed treatments and drugs; and other duties as assigned.
- The incumbent will be expected to be proficient in other components of patient management such as charting, progress notes, signatures, preparation of consults, referrals, telephone consults with specialists at the Medical Center that are an integral part of the clinical team.
- The incumbent will integrate both mandated health screening and guidelines for treatment into the practice.
- The incumbent will have basic proficiency with a computer and willingness to learn VA's Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS).
- Assess the needs and plan intervention for individuals/families;
- Facilitates the delivery of primary, acute and chronic health care;
- Assists individuals/families to achieve optimal levels of health through collaboration with medical and health care professionals;
- Exercises medical decision-making and provides a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for a specific group of patients;
- Exhibits leadership in initiating changes in patient care programs based on current concepts and findings from research and/or studies;
- Involved in direct patient care, patient and family teaching, staff education and multidisciplinary consultations and collaborations.
- Participates in education of PA students, NP, Residents, Medical Students, interns;
- Supervise mid-level practitioners as assigned;
- Consistently demonstrates expertise in diagnosing and treating seriously ill multi-symptomatic patients;
- Serves as a resource person for standards development in health care in the area of quality improvement concerns;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Application Close Date
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Who May Apply
Agency Employees Only - Appearing on USAJOBS