About Department of Veterans Affairs
The VA Careers is committed to protecting individual privacy and securing the personal information made available to us when you visit VAcareers.va.gov, as well as VAcareers pages on other sites (such as official VAcareers profiles on social networks).
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
If you are in emotional crisis, or are concerned about a Veteran or current service member, call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 (press "1") to be routed to the Veterans Hotline.
If you're looking for the official source of information on anything related to the Veterans Health Administration (VHA), please visit our site http://www.va.gov/health.
The purpose of our social media pages are to provide a forum for the general public, Veterans, service members, and their spouses and/or children to learn about careers/employment opportunities with VHA and does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Comments published on all parts of our social media pages even when the commenter identifies himself or herself as a Veterans Affairs (VA) employee are not to be considered official communications from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The responses by nature have to be general, the programs discussed are complicated and most rules will have exceptions and caveats. If you have a specific question about your specific situation, please visit our secure question and answer site http://iris.va.gov/.
We ask that you follow our posting guidelines below. Our social media platforms are moderated and posts that do not follow these guidelines may be removed:
- We do not allow graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments, nor do we allow comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
- We do not allow solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
- We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- Spam will be removed and may cause the author to be blocked from the page without notice.
- You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
- For Official Use Only (FOUO), classified, pre-decisional, proprietary or business-sensitive information should never be discussed here. This is a violation of privacy.
- While VA will not be collecting or retaining these comments in our records, this is a public forum and any information provided in comments will be publicly available on our official social media platforms. As such, please do not include personal details such as your social security number, or any other personally identifiable information or personal health information you do not want available to the general public.