As a transitioning service member, you know what it means to be dedicated to a cause and have the drive to achieve results. The motivation and wealth of training, experience and background you've gained in service should be put to use, right away.
Your deep understanding of Veterans is unmatched by civilian professionals. Such shared experience—with both your fellow Veteran colleagues and our patient population—will allow you to excel both personally and professionally at VHA.
VA is developing a dedicated pipeline specifically for separating health care professionals, so your health care skills can now be applied directly to a position as a civilian. From physician and nursing positions to Intermediate Care Technician, rehabilitation and psychology, you will find the gamut of medical opportunities around the country at VHA.
When you have a career with VHA, you can:
- Utilize your knowledge and skills gained from serving in uniform
- Continue to provide care for those who have served
- Work with a familiar patient population
- Reduce financial stress by knowing you have a job waiting for you upon leaving the military
- Enjoy an extensive bundle of VA benefits that are added to your military benefits
- Work in a professional, supportive environment where our patients—and you—can thrive
Looking outside VA? For helpful employment resources including a military skills translator, résumé builder and more, visit www.vets.gov/employment.
You can also email the Veterans Employment Services Office and find out about careers at VA that fit your skills and experiences.
A culture of support for Veterans
The sacrifice of Veterans everywhere is the force behind our freedom. That's why VA is committed to supporting Veterans as they transition to their careers back home. If you are leaving the military or are already a Veteran or an active Reserve or National Guard member, we invite you to pursue your career at VA. LEARN MORE
Please download Transitioning Military flyer as an additional point of reference.